Sunday, August 3, 2008

Atlanta in 1980



This started out as a collage. I referenced a photograph of the skyline of Atlanta in approximately 1980. Most of the collage material of the skyline is references to Atlanta, photographs of the Fox Theater, images from Gone with the Wind, Coca-Cola, text from Atlanta history books, etc. When I was happy with the skyline, I began painting over it, and scraping the paint off. You will see different collaged pieces peeking out everytime you look at it. I hope to continue this series later this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vickie,
This piece is so dynamic. It is distinctly the simplicity of the complex city of Atlanta during this time. I am moving with each turn...each street, the ones gone and the ones that have come since. Thanks for sharing it! Laura Parker